Friday, October 29, 2010

I want to thank you, Halloween.



Dear Halloween,

I just want to say that I heart you. I love the way you have treats at my disposal at every turn. A hershey's kiss here, a twix bar there, a handful of caramel popcorn, just 'cuz. Just Cuz!

Everywhere we go and everyone I see has candy or can get to candy, relatively easily. I want to thank you, Halloween. I don't know what it is that we are supposed to be celebrating, exactly, but I don't care. I am just happy that I can be part of this candy-thon. The "rules" are we have to dress up to get these treats, but that's not totally true, people are so willing to give out candy throughout the month of October, that a costume is just an added bonus. Even the supermarket gives out treats. It is really a great time for sugar junkies like myself. So I write you this letter, just to say thank you. Thank you just for being you.


Love,
Saylor 2 year old, and Michael, 37 year old.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

HA! This made me laugh. Especially the end! LOL