Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Let me set it up....

Now that Athena is 3 I was remebering all of the stuff she used to do when she was little...you know, 2.5.

This is a repost from June. I got a laugh then and I got a laugh now. A re-laugh if you will.


So, we are grocery shopping. Saylor is in the sling, the Blaze is in the bucket in the cart...strapped in of course. We are singing songs, talking about stuff on the shelf, reciting the name of kids in her class, remembering the animals in the zoo, etc. You know, the things that you do at the grocery store (rolling eyes). We enter the bean aisle, looking for frijoles negros (in a can of course, no one is going to sit there and soak the little effers). I have a lady on my left that goes to get a can of beans, but, the can manages to slip out of her hands and fall on the floor, when she proceeds to say "Ohh, Shit!". (even though Michael and I curse A LOT, we hardly, if at all, curse in front of them). I pay no attention to her. Well I pay no attention to her, but, Ears Malone says "Oh Shit! People Lady, Frijoles on the floor". I didn't know what to do. I was laughing hysterically in my head, but I didn't want to reinforce any unwanted behavior, so I "poker faced" it and continued on as if nothing. Well, needless to say Sweet Athena "Oh Shit" everytime we did something by accident. Bumped the cart, picked up the wrong box of cereal, Saylor drooling, dropped a wipee. I couldn't ignore it anymore. I had to tell her that when we make a mistake what we say is "ooopsie" and I made this super goofball face to accompany it. Athena tried it and it seemed to be sticking. We even made a couple of mock mistakes and "ooopsie" was said. Great! crisis diverted I thought. Whew.

Fast Forward - We get to the cashier and I gave the cashier the wrong credit card and I said..oh wait, sorry. and Athena says "Oh shit momma, Oopsie".

14 comments:

Aubrey said...

No way! OMGosh. THAT is way too funny. I don't know how you kept a straight face. LOL

Oh yes. The things they do at 2 1/2!

Amy said...

That is hysterical. :D

The Life and Times of Poose and Hawk said...

LMFAO?

Rachel said...

AWESOME!

I once had a 6 year old tell me "I don't need this shit" in my classroon. I replied, "Trust me, I don't either."

Carrie said...

Oh man, my stomach is killing me! The best--Oh Sh*t People Lady, Frijoles on the floor.

Oh..mah...gawd...That is funny as sh*t!

Still can't swear type, although, I have decreased the number of asterisks. Progress, right?

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

That was SO funny!!!!

The Life and Times of Poose and Hawk said...

LMAO-I looked it up. Laughing My Ass Off or Lick Me All Over. Hmmm, I wonder which you meant...

Nette said...

OMG! Too daggone funny! Like your blog...

Jen said...

that is awesome. for a week straight Hayden busted out the f-bomb every chance he could. It was so hard not to laugh.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Too cute! Gotta love kids!

The Wife O Riley said...

SO FUNNY!! It makes me think back to when my oldest said "F*** ME!" when something she was playing with didn't go right.

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! Nate and I loved it.

Anonymous said...

What a grreat laugh for Ruben and I before we hit that BED monster waiting in the other room! Love it! Caught myself saying oh shit quite a bit today in front of my one year old...better watch it!

Anonymous said...

a. I love the innocence of children.

b. I COULDN'T have kept a straight face.