Friday, August 22, 2008

Caloric Poundering...I mean Pondering

No Pound, I mean Pun intended. As I sit here having eaten my blueberry bagel in 4 mintues flat, I wondered how many calories I had just eaten. It turned out to be 290 for the bagel, and 50 for the tablespoon of preserves (jam, jelly, marmalade whatever you call where you're from).
340 calories. Do you know how long I have to be on the elliptical machine to burn 340 calories? Yes, one hour at level 10. It doesn't seem fair that something I can down in 4 mintues takes me 1 hour to burn off.

So I have decided, I either have to start eating WAAAAAAAYYYYY slower or I have to find a work out that lasts 4 mintues and burns enough calories. I think maybe a fight scene from Kill Bill oughta do the trick. I wonder if they offer this at the LA Fitness by my house.


Happy Friday Y'all

5 comments:

Katy said...

I had a bagel this AM too.. with Einstein's Honey Almond smear... MMMMMMMMM....and I don't WANT to know the calories!

A* said...

Good news! Eating the cals in the AM is better. You have all day to work it off. ;)

Wep said...

I was away on business for a week and I freaking gained three pounds from skipping breakfast and HUGE dinners.

Sigh.

Aubrey said...

So true! Why?!?! Sometimes I am amazed at how quickly I can devour something. There are times I SWEAR the Toddler came and swiped it off my plate. But no...

Danyele Easterhaus said...

ok, i admit, i work out so i can eat my carbs. i would maybe lose weight if my carb intake went down a little. oh well. i'm happy