Monday, October 13, 2008

Sister Sister

Athena wakes up and the first thing she says is "Saylors are?" as if Saylor were plural. She wants to go and wake her up (of course we don't allow this) if she isn't awake and go and play with her. She wants to say hello through the bars of her crib and then quickly Athena says "Momma, I want to go in Saylor's bed". There I go lifting Athena into Saylor's "crib". They have a grand ol' time in there. It is really incredible how ABA knows to be gentle with her.

They chase each other around and ABA stuffs toys in her face and wants to ride her like a horse (of course we don't allow this). They are together all day long. Saylor follows ABA all over the house. They go from her room to the living room to the kitchen to the bathroom to the room and start the circuit all over again. ABA knows she must keep the lids on her markers and keep her grapes very far away from "saylor girl". When Saylor pulls herself up in front of our televison, ABA says, "Saylor, No you are too close". If Saylor wants to try something she is eating she says "No Saylor girl, this is too too big. You eat milk and puffs".

Overall they are awesome together and get along smashingly. Michael and I are so proud and love struck. It reminds me of the way I feel about my own little sister. I hope they are as close as we are throughout their lives.




Athena is a stellar big sister and Saylor saves her sweetest smiles just for her.









































PS......Next 28 day cycle I will back with more mushy and sappy posts :)


Love,
Bar-b









15 comments:

Wep said...

Awww! That was so sweet my uterus hurts!

Carrie said...

That is sooooo nice!!

My brother and I fought like CRAZY, but it ended at about ages 13-14, and we are still great friends!

p.s. I fought with my sisters a lot too.

Do you see a pattern here? Hopefully, your daughters are not crabby patties like me... " )

Caro said...

I can't believe Saylor still fits in her infant seat.

They are soo cute...love athenas pull ups!

Aubrey said...

The sweetness of it all! Your girls are adorable. I hope as they grow, their bond only gets stronger.

I grew up with 2 younger sisters. We fought a lot growing up but now that we are older (and ALL mommies now!), we really appreciate what we have in each other!

Can wait for the next 28 days to get here. LOL

BTW...send me your email address so I can give you info on a great holiday swap going on!!

Lana D said...

great pics!!

Anonymous said...

omg, my heart is a puddle and there's no bringing it back to its former shape and strength. they are so beautiful. and thanks for the shout out. i love you too!

JenNyc said...

Got a little misty... I miss them so much. They are growing up so fast. They are so beautiful Barbie. So beautiful.

Anonymous said...

They are too flippin' cute together.

Annikke said...

How sweet! Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I half expected you to say that you got in the crib with them! I love watching my girls like that too. <3 <3

Unknown said...

...they are adorable! they love each other!

PAC said...

I just found your bloggity thru SITS and enjoy finding new blog reads! I love the photo captures!! So adorable!!

A* said...

My God. I can't believe how big Athena has gotten! They are both so incredibly beautiful B. What a wonderful job you guys are doing with your girls!

Aracely said...

So sweet, and I love me some Joovy Caboose girl! Beautiful girls.

Crystal Rae said...

your girls are adorable. What perfect names too!
SITSa Love: Crystal