I just wanted to quickly blog and let all of you who are out of the proverbial loop that Hurricane Ike is coming to town. I have not been able to blog today b/c well, we've been sorta preparing for the storm. Everyone in the city (I think I am generalizing) was let out early from work and the streets were packed. We decided to go to the store and it was pandemonium. It was not nearly as bad as my Miami days, but, kooky nonetheless. The queuing systems are better here and the people are more calm and organized. We bought.....
- batteries (C, AA, AAA, D, 9V)
- a battery operated radio
- canned foods (soup, beans, fruit, etc)
- almonds, and other nuts
- boxed milk
- toilet paper
- board games
- chips, cookies, bread, salsa, you know, essentials :)
- diapers and wipees
- new crayons, crafts, markers, and cardboard for the toddler without tv
- martini fixins for the adults with a toddler without tv
- fueled up the car
- got cash (shhhh, don't tell anyone)
We are ready though. We have some pretty cool neighbors and we'll all just help where need be come Saturday. In the meantime, I made buttons for all of us to wear and they look like this....