Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oreo Kidding?

Actual conversation with my new 4 year old (if you know her, you'll be nodding throughout)

aba- Momma, I want a snack.
me- what do you want?
aba-a cookie, the circle ones that have the letters o-r-e-o on it.
me-o.k.
aba- no, o-r-e-o
me- yes, yes, babe, I was kidding, yes, oreoes.
*I hand her a couple of oreoes and leave the bag out*
aba-momma? I need milk to eat my cookies.
me- you want juice instead? We ran out of milk this morning.
aba- No (looking at me confused). Look at the directions. See?
me- directions?
aba- the big cookie is making a big splash with milk. I need some milk.
me- babe, you'll have to make the cookie make a big splash with juice because we have no milk.
aba- oh. but juice is not in the directions.
me- I have graham crackers.....you want graham crackers?
aba- yes (as she hands me the untouched oreoes)
me- here you go (handing her the graham crackers)
aba- can you get me the box? with the directions.


Oreo Cookies and Milk Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

Jelly said...

She RULES!

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

lol Chris is just as anal about certains things. Kids! :)

Aubrey said...

Oh, she is BRILLIANT!
Love it!

And to answer your question...Hell to the Hell NO!