Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shhhh, It's Date Night

When I drive with both girls we usually take turns with choosing songs on the radio. One for Athena and one for Momma. Well, "wheels on the bus goes round and round" was coming to end and I knew it would be my turn next (so sad no?)

I was mindfully listening to NPR on my way around town and caught an invitation to all to an event at our city's urban park in downtown. I was way intrigued, especially when the smooth talking radio host said it was a FrREEEeeeEEeEEeEeeEEE event. You know these are my favorite events of all ;) I called our trusty little babysitter and set it up. Friday night date was well on it's way. What was I all jazzed about you ask??????? Well...let me show you....

">

Yes, the 1925 silent movie, Phantom of the Opera was playing on a beautifully landscaped lawn, while the Houston Symphony played the original musical score. It was a chilly (cover your eyes Canadian and Midwestern friends) 72 degrees and we laid out on perfect grass on a cozy blanket. It was really really cool! You'd be surprised how into the movie we really got. I think the live music and the fact that you really had to pay attention to the expressions and gestures of the actors made it more compelling.

Michael and I had a really nice night and topped it off with Moons over my Hammy at Denny's. I only really remember (vaguely) what Denny's pancakes taste like at 4am. Ahhhh, married bliss ;)

9 comments:

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

oh sounds so great - I need a date night!

Rachel said...

that sounds completely romantic and fun.

my hubby and i our on our date night right now. i am blogging and he is reading gizmodo (a techie blog). good times.

Aubrey said...

Now THAT is a great date night!

I just wish you didn't rub in your 70ish degree weather! I'm cold over here. LOL

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

HOW TOTALLY ROMANTIC!!!

Blanket, outdoor, symphony!!! WOW!

Eve said...

F-U-N!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a magical night!! *sigh

Grand Pooba said...

Very nice date night! I've never been to a silent movie before....interesting.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful date night. I can't see any of your pics from work, so I am just imagining & using your writing as a visual. You could have left out the part about the weather. Thanks for rubbing it in. Sheesh!!

Luvs Your Fellow Midwesterner

JenNyc said...

Awww: :::::Squish::: that sounds lovely. Glad you had a blast, you both deserve it! LOOOOOOOVEEEE you!